Its festival time and Diwali being the most celebrated festival in India, there are lot of recipes that are prepared. One of the most famous one, being the Gujiya. I used to love this dish prepared by my Mom.
Let’s see how It is prepared:
- Sooji/Semolina- 2 cups
- Khova/ dried whole milk or milk thickened by heating in an open iron pan- 1 quarter
- All purpose flour-1/2 kg
- Dry coconut grated-1 cup
- Dry fruits (Cashews, Raisins, Almonds, Black cumin)
- Sugar 2.5 cups
- Ghee / Melted butter
- Fry Semolina in Ghee or melted butter till brown.
- Fry Dry fruits separately in Ghee.
- Fry Dried coconut grate Also in Ghee separately
- Fry Khova without Ghee
- Grind sugar to powder.
- Mix sugar, dry fruits and coconut grate.
- In a wide container spread the Khova and add the above ingredients, add a pinch of salt and mix together really well.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Now pour the hot oil on all purpose flour and make soft dough.
- Prepare small lemon size balls and make flat bread and fill a spoon of the above mixture seal well and deep fry.
It’s a little tedious job but once prepared it comes out really yummy. This is a traditional Indian sweet dish which is prepared in festivals and you can store this for long time.
Easy Doodle Recipe contest at BlogAdda.com in association with TastyKhana.com