Getting up early in the morning and strolling to office, and then the same monotonous routine at work might minimize your interest to work over a period of time. But, we all know that, this is part of life and we have no choice left but to follow monotony. However, we can make our work life little more interesting and try to combat the boredom at work.
Ideally, for most of the people every day is a routine to them, but just that some take a toll on your day and some subside by the day. And on top of that, after the weekend, this becomes even more prominent and so people have named it as Monday blues. But one has to try and make every day as interesting as your first day and try to be as energetic. But, for that you have to fight the boredom at workplace.
Having said that, there are many ways to beat this boredom:
- Learn new languages and skills: While at work, the organization provides different training programs. SO enrol yourself for a new program like different languages, new skills, some academic programs etc. This will keep you busy and help you learn new things and languages to communicate with your clients and colleagues. It will be fun and learning at the same time.
- Help your co-workers: Instead of sitting continuously in front of your system, try to mingle with co workers and initiate help if any. Interact with them. This will not only help you get out of the boredom but also help in interacting with your colleagues.
- Spare some time: You are not a machine which has to work continuously to prove your productivity. Out of the 9 hours of work, you can spare some time for yourself and try to do something constructive like preparing a fun activity for the weekend, browsing about places for team outing, you can read a book or write an article in your free time. There are lot of things that can be done in the spare time which will help you get over the boredom.
- Plan a team outing: You can suggest ideas to your manager for team outing and places which will be a great fun to visit. This will bring in some energy in you and bring in some life in your boring day.
- Discuss topics of your interest: It is not necessary that when you are at work you have to discuss only about your work. You can always take a break from work and discuss topics of your interest with your colleagues or manager. This will divert you from the routine work and help you get over the boredom.
- Organize your cubicle or cabin: You can also try to organize you cubicle and try to decorate it and make it livelier.
- Participate in extracurricular activities: This is the best way to fight boredom. Enrol yourself to other curricular activities across the organization. Initiate to be a SPOC (single point of contact) for all these activities. Then manage the programs and activities in the office. This will keep you busy all the time, at the same time, help you combat boredom.
There are many more ways to fight this stress and boredom in the office. Always try to be active in all the activities at your workplace and you will always feel energetic and healthy. Also, this will encourage you to go to office and work at high spirits.