This is the time of merry making and being happy and enjoying the festival with family and friends. Months before the festival the shopping spree begins among the family members. And at this point people spend blindly and in an impulse, unaware of the fact that, you credit limits can touch the sky and it can lead to troubles later.
I am not here, to put your excitement down this festival season, but to help you get away from all the troubles caused due to extreme usage of credit cards. Earlier when there were no credit cards, people still used to shop and enjoy the festival. In fact they used to enjoy more and were more satisfied with whatever they had. But, with people depending on credit cards, their need and wants has also increased.
The cliché is “I can’t do without my credit card”. People just can’t imagine life without credit card. So, let’s see how we can enjoy the festival without credit cards:
- Get rid of unwanted stuffs: I am sure; there are lot of unwanted and old stuff in your house, which is lying there unused. Get rid of all those stuff and whatever money you get, you can save it for future or can use for the holidays.
- DIY decorations: People spend a bomb for the decoration of the house during the festival which is not wrong. To get you into a holiday mood, one can decorate the house. But what if the decorations are hand made by you. This is the best time to utilize your holiday and spending time with family, instead of wasting time and money shopping around, Prepare your own decorations.
- Utilize the discounts and coupons: This is the time, when you have lots of offers, discounts and coupons available for shopping so make the maximum use of these discount coupons and try to spend as less as you can.
- Shop with cash: The best alternative is to shop with cash. When it is cash, you have a track of how much you have been spending and how much is your budget, unlike credit card, where you hardly have a track of your expenses. Using cash will also pull you back from buying things which are not that necessary which you would have bought, have you had a credit card.
- Make a list: When shopping around: make a list of items required and try only to buy that stuff. This again will help you keep a track of your purchases
- Think before you buy: “Oh! That dress is so pretty. Those shoes are beautiful, I want them.” This is the feeling you get when you go out shopping? Well! You have to think before you go ahead and buy them. Think, “Do you really need it?” It’s not indispensable that every festival you have to buy a new dress and a new pair of shoes. You can always use old dress, which you have hardly used. Buying in sudden impulse is also something which forces you to use your credit card. SO if you stop that urge, you can do without credit card this festival.
With the festival season round the corner, it becomes difficult to curb your expenses and stop the urge of shopping and travelling. But one can always help curb the usage of credit card to the max and still have a blast in the festival.
SO all in all, the usage of credit card is up to you, but you have to always watch out your expenses when shopping around, otherwise you have to bear the consequences later.