With the New Year round the corner, people have started making resolutions for the coming year. Every individual makes a resolution and try hard to meet them. But one of the major goals every year for an individual is career growth. They want to grow and grow in the coming years. But just promising to self and not meeting the requirements will never help you grow. Hard work is the cornerstone in a career growth.
Having said that, one has to have a proper plan as such to reckon to your career, and so a proper planning has to be done to boost your career and move ahead in life. Let’s list out some major objectives which will help us grow in the year 2014:
- Planning: This is required in every walk of life and when it comes to career you just can’t take risk and proper planning is indispensable. A career is not something which just gets clicked by fluke or by chance. You must have had a proper planning to reach to this level and so you have to continue doing so to grow further.
- Set a goal: Setting a goal and focusing on meeting those goals is the key point in boosting your career. Don’t set goals which are impossible to meet. Be realistic and try to first set a minimum goal and only when you are able to set the expectation right, increase your goal. This helps you understand your calibre and set the goals accordingly.
- Self edification: Indentifying your flaws and trying to improve over the years will help you grow rapidly. Even a perfectionist feels he/she is not perfect and try to improve. In every stage of life, one has to learn new things, then why not in your career. SO learn new technologies and try to improve your skills and calibre. This will help a great deal in career growth.
- Self assessment: Assess yourself as to where you have reached over the years and where do you stand in future and try to analyse the situation and circumstance. You are your best critic when it comes to self assessment. You will know your strengths and weaknesses and that will help you improve and grow.
- Taking the feedback: Only when you are open to feedbacks you will know your flaws and will try to improve it further. So learn to accept feedbacks. Even if it takes taking a feedback from your subordinates or employees under you. Don’t bring the superiority complex in you.
- Build the network: Building a network matters in every step of your career especially when you are planning for a career growth networks do help. SO keep increasing your networks, keep in touch with them, involve in discussion, initiate topics and discussion. This is the best way to increase your knowledge.
When you adhere to self made policies and goals, you will be able to look high and aim high. Start your career growth plan right from today and by the end of next year, I am sure you will come up with new plans and goals surpassing the present one.