Corporate, these days, give a leeway of working from home to most of the professionals. This has been an intelligent move on their part to retain the employees by giving them the flexibility of working from home. It’s so blissful, waking up a little late and logging into your system with a hot cup of coffee, No hurry of rushing to get ready and reach office on time. You have your designated space and privacy. But, working from home is not a piece of cake, because you have more responsibility on your shoulders. You have to prove that you are utilizing your time to your best and you are being productive at the same time. Sometimes you have to work against the clock, it is not the usual 9- 5 shift sometimes, but to meet your deadlines, you have to stretch, which is usually the same when you are at office.
With the urge to prove yourself and making the employer feel that working from home can also be productive, one has to utilize the most of the same. When you are given the leeway, try to utilize it to the best and not take a due advantage out of it for your personal work. Let’s discuss how can we work from home, yet be 100% productive:
- Time management: When working from home, it becomes difficult to manage time because of other stuff coming on the way and postponing your actual work. So proper time management is something which is very important when working from home. Strictly assign your working time and the number of breaks you take, this will bolster spending maximum time at work and helps in increasing the productivity. Closely monitoring your time will help you follow a routine and you will get accustomed to this work environment soon.
- Designate a space: There is continuous disturbance when you work from home and so it becomes insurmountable to concentrate on your work while at home. To avoid any such disturbance, it’s imperative that you designate yourself with a proper work space, with minimal disturbance and inform your kids and spouse to keep distance from your office space and cooperate in working from home.
- 3. Work as if under pressure: The major advantage of going to office is, you work under continuous pressure from your manager and this helps in completing your work on time. So follow the same strategy when working from home, set a target or deadline for self and try to work under continuous pressure to meet the deadline. However, your boss might have assigned the targets, but you tend to become lazy and wait for the last moment to finish all your work when at home. SO to avoid any last moment confusions and tensions, set a goal and target and always work as if under pressure.
- 4. Create a professional environment: As discussed above, when you set a goal a target or goal for self, you are automatically creating a professional environment around. And when you work under this environment, you are in continuous feeling of working in the office itself and help you meet all your targets and deadlines. Feel as if you are working in an office itself and work hard.
- 5. Stay connected with your colleagues: Even if you are working from home, stay connected with your colleagues, attend meeting on phone and get updates on what’s happening in the office. You will be updated at the same time, being in touch with the colleagues will help you in your projects.
So working from home can be beneficial and productive at the same time, if done with proper planning and in a professional manner.