Love is in the air and you have found your special person in life and you just can’t wait to declare it to the whole world. This is the best time, to exchange the rings and get engaged with the one you love. But being a host is the most tedious job, especially when you are the couple and you are the host and you have to arrange everything. However, it’s the bride’s parents who host the engagement party.
Ideally engagement party is a traditional way to announce and celebrate your relationship. However, the trend of engagement parties varies across the country. For some an engagement party is a way to publicize their status and so it’s a lavish party, at the same time, some want to celebrate it low with just close friends and relatives involved.
Having said that, there are lot of event management companies these days, who take care of all this parties and this not only keeps you away from all the tensions, but also, you can attend all your guests without worrying about the management. SO, let’s point out some themes and tips:
- Location: Choosing a location is a heck of a task, when you have a budget constraint. So list out all the locations which come under your budget and choose the best one. Having said that, the location shouldn’t be at the outskirts which are out of reach to your relatives and friends, in order to minimize your budget. Choose a location, which is easily accessible to all and while inviting, mention the closest landmark, so there is no difficulty in locating the place.
- Make it fun and entertaining: The main purpose of an engagement party is to get to know the families of the couple and so it cannot be boring and monotonous. Make it fun, with lot of games and dance, so people get comfortable and mingle with each other.
- Stick to a budget: You end up spending a bomb on just the engagement party itself, if it is not planned in a proper way. SO prepare a budget and stick to it, so that your party does not exceed your pocket and you end up on credits. Remember, soon after the engagement, you have a bigger event, Wedding. SO if you plan your party accordingly, your further commitments won’t shake. Remember, you still have a lavish party in your budget if planned properly.
- Make a guest list: The most important thing is to prepare a list of guests you intend to invite. As discussed above, if it’s a lavish party, you don’t want to miss out on any guests in your circle. And it it’s a simple one, you definitely want to list out the important guests you want to be part of the celebration. SO in either case, making a list is very important.
- Themes: You can plan a theme for your party. Like a colour theme, or a dress code, or anything, which you think would be fun. SO plan accordingly with both the families and plan a theme. Believe me, it would be fun, people coming in different attires based on your theme, at the same time, it would be fun.
The list is never ending, and you get lots of tips on the same. It’s up to you, how you have to celebrate this special day and make it memorable and fun at the same time.