For those who are already working, there is nothing above that you require, because you are already pre-occupied with your office work. But for those who have taken a sabbatical for some time before pregnancy and is now expecting, there is an urge to do something during this time. Especially because, this is the time your mind continuously keeps working on things which are unimportant and those thoughts will make you feel uneasy. So one has to keep them self busy and stay away from unnecessary thoughts and tensions.
However, keeping self busy will bolster your mental and physical health and it gives you peace of mind. Sometimes, women think so much that they reach a stage of oblivion.
Having said that, pregnancy is the time when you have to have maximum peace of mind and don’t let your mind divert towards unnecessary things and thoughts which will affect your health. So there are myriad options available for a woman to keep busy during pregnancy:
- Freelancing: Though you have left your job, or taken a sabbatical, you can always work as a freelancer. This will not only keep you busy but will also help you u earn some money. However, for some money is trivial and all they want is keep them busy. SO freelancing doesn’t require a 9-5 working shift, one can work anytime of the day. You can be freelance blogger or writer and can write about your experience so far of your pregnancy. SO there are glut of topics you can write about.
- Join a class: Based on your interest you can join any class like Yoga, art and craft, Art of living, and many more, which doesn’t entail too much physical strain. You can also start a hobby which you always like but due to your busy schedule couldn’t really implement it like singing, learning guitar, or piano, or anything, which, as already said, is not strenuous and which can be done sitting.
- Try to be active: Remember lying down on your bed or on your couch for the whole day for 9 whole months, makes one too lazy. Try to be active, if you are not on any bed rest, go for a walk, and do Yoga, some breathing exercises. Too much work out is a big NO though, but small exercises as suggested by the doctor can help you get away from the fatigue and mood swings and you will feel rejuvenating and active at the same time.
- Invite your friend’s home: Spending some quality time with near and dear one will always keep you happy. This is the time when people are around you, but still you feel lonely sometimes. So to beat the boredom, invite some friends at your place and spend quality time chit chatting.
- Play some games: Playing some games will keep you busy and help you get away from the stress and jitters. So there are lot of board games available in the market, which you can play with your family members.
So there are lot of options available to keep self busy during pregnancy. However, if you not on bed rest, you can explore many things like going shopping, visiting relatives and friends. At the same time, if you are at bed rest, the above things will help you curb boredom and get away from the jitters as well. So instead of lazily lying down for those 9 months, be active and happy and stay away from stress and tensions.